- I will not use an internet search engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo! or any other) between 1 June 2011 and 31 July 2011.
- This applies to desktop computers, laptops, tablet devices, mobile devices or any other means of internet access.
- I can tap into the knowledge of friends and colleagues by asking them questions either in person or via digital media (email, Twitter, Facebook etc), but I cannot ask anyone else to use a search engine on my behalf.
- Though I cannot control it, I will also encourage my networks not to use search engines when answering any questions.
- I am allowed to use websites I already have bookmarked, type a website direct into a browser, and use mobile apps and widgets as long as I don’t have to search to find them.
- I have to maintain common sense. My intention is to avoid search engines entirely for the specified timeframe. However, if specific circumstances leave no other option in order to fulfil my job role, I will openly state when I used a search engine, what for and why.
* Feel free to seek clarification or input into these rules. They're bound to need tweaking as I get into the project.